23 2月 0020

...her name is 'Jennifer.'

Well, I'm back in the U.S., at least for the weekend. The Newark-Boston connection was canceled, so I'm in New Jersey overnight... On the way to the hotel, I scoped out several quality graffiti spots along the roadways; I saw them all within a span of five minutes, which (in my mind) speaks volumes about the amount of quality work (being) done in America.

However, the scope of the 'scene' here (even within, say, a single metropolitan area) is so expansive that it could never fully be chronicled. Once could only hope to extract a fragments in the the hope that they would faithfully summarize the essence of the greater whole. Conversely, Dublin's 'scene' (as we have expounded upon before) is such that you could realistically capture the whole and all of its parts (and that is what J I are trying to do).

In short, I'm glad Dublin is our target, but not only because of its size. There is something inherently Irish about the work we've photographed that sets it apart from anything found anything elsewhere, and when you really find a diamond in the rough, it's made all the more fulfilling. Such is graffiti in Dublin.

J & G should be back out on the hunt next week. We've got some wall-scalings planned and several spots we want to go back to, so I'm personally looking forward to getting back to D-Land. In the meantime, I'll try to post up photos of my most recent exploits in Tallaght as well as the City Centre, and J might even throw up some material from his neck of the woods. Blessings.

- G

0 件のコメント: